Friday 9 March 2018

Jennie's Introduction

Introduction

By

Jennie (Pottinger) Wharton

I thought this compilation of stories that my Dad (Ed Pottinger) wrote should be put together in his memory. After all, he always tried to find the positive in people even if it was the funny side. Maybe that’s why he called them People Are Funny. 

When he wrote them, he didn’t put a name to each one because he wrote them (some or all, I’m not sure) for the local Post Office newsletter, well, his was called “People Are Funny”. I put a name to them for the purposes of this compilation. 

They are not in any particular order as they had no dates on them, except for the last one in which he says ‘so long’. I tried not to correct any of the grammar or spellings as they were published in this Post Office newsletter so you would read the real thing. 

In this compilation you will also find some miscellaneous items of his including a couple of rejection letters when he tried to get stories published and some jokes that he named “yeuk”. 

The very first piece is a piece that my sister Ann and I found when Mum passed away and we were going through her things. As there was no date on it I have no idea when Dad wrote it and gave it to Mum, or if it is an original or a copy – I like to think it was his work.  

I hope whoever reads these stories gets a smile from them as I did when I was typing them, after all “People Are Funny”.



I love you, Dad.

Jennie.




No comments:

Post a Comment